Enjoying your outdoor space can be difficult when smacking and swatting at annoying, biting mosquitoes. Mosquitoes require fresh water sources for laying eggs and for larval mosquitoes to grow and become adult mosquitoes. Mosquito Squad of the South Shore needs your help to make your yard less favorable to mosquitoes. Here are 5 easy tips to discourage mosquito reproduction on your property.
1. TIP. Tip anything around your home that can collect water from rain or your sprinkler system. Dog bowls, plant saucers, clogged gutters and kid’s toys are a perfect habitat for mosquito eggs, larva and pupa.
2. TOSS. Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and other leftover clippings from your yard as well as weeds from gardens.
3. TURN. Turn over larger items in your yard that could hold water like baby pools, children’s portable sandboxes or plastic toys.
4. REMOVETARPS. If tarps stretched over firewood piles, grills or boats aren’t taut, they’re holding water. Make sure tarps are taught or remove them completely.
5. TREAT. Call Mosquito Squad of the South Shore. Our mosquito control barrier treatment eliminates up to 90% of the mosquitoes on your property. Remember that mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance; they can carry dangerous diseases such as West Nile virus, Zika, Malaria, Encephalitis, EEE and more.
Contact us today to sign up for mosquito control in Massachusett’s South Shore. Call 508-536-4855