Enjoying your outdoor space can be difficult when smacking and swatting at annoying, biting mosquitoes. Mosquitoes require fresh water sources for laying eggs and for larval mosquitoes to grow and become adult mosquitoes. Mosquito Squad of the South Shore needs your help to make your yard less favorable to mosquitoes. Here are 7 easy tips to discourage mosquito reproduction on your property.
1. TIP. Tip anything around your home that can collect water from rain or your sprinkler system. Dog bowls, plant saucers, clogged gutters and kid’s toys are a perfect habitat for mosquito eggs, larva, and pupa.
2. TOSS. Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and other leftover clippings from your yard as well as weeds from gardens.
3. TURN. Turn over larger items in your yard that could hold water like baby pools, children’s portable sandboxes or plastic toys.
4. REMOVETARPS. If tarps stretched over firewood piles, grills or boats aren’t taut, they’re holding water. Make sure tarps are taught or remove them completely.
5. TAKECARE. Home maintenance is a vital part of keeping mosquito populations from growing. Keep grass mowed short, gutters and downspouts clean, keep faucets from leaking and irrigation systems maintained. Dump and clean bird baths at least once a week, and make sure your decorative pond fountains stay working and your koi ponds stocked with mosquito-eating fish.
6. TEAM UP. Tell your friends, family, and neighbors about the Ts of mosquito control. If we all do our part to remove standing water from our property, we can make a huge impact on the nuisance and danger caused by mosquitoes.
7. TREAT. Call Mosquito Squad of the South Shore. Our mosquito control barrier treatment eliminates up to 90% of the mosquitoes on your property. Remember that mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance; they can carry dangerous diseases such as West Nile virus, Zika, Malaria, Encephalitis, EEE and more.
Contact us today to sign up for mosquito control in Massachusett’s South Shore. Call 508-536-4855